The little copied vintage stripe is finished except for crocheting in the ends and adding a shell border, I think. I decided to use up all the spare wool I had so it is a mixture of Rowan DK pure wool and cotton, mostly the wool. I find the cotton quite tiring to crochet. It is not stretchy in the same way that wool is, so it strains the fingers a bit to crochet it.
I'm pleased with how it turned out. It is a nice pattern to crochet. Not too many ends to crochet in - unlike the granny squares - and it goes quickly, zipping along from one side to the next.
The pattern is easy - I'll post it once I can work out how to write it down.