Wednesday 20 January 2010

Early Spring Cleaning


I'm sure you're nothing like me. I'm sure that you don't have to wade through half full bags of raisins, a packet of sushi rice you bought 2 years ago, and various bottles, jars and packets spilling contents, every time you try to find out whether you have a can of tomatoes in the provisions cupboard, only to finally find way at the back of the cupboard 6 tins of out of date tomatoes.
I'm sure you're nothing like me, and that your cupboard is perfectly organised, all food in-date, packets emptied into storage jars, and that you know where everything is.
That's why I'm going to try to be more like you, and I've just spent the last 2 hours cleaning out my kitchen cupboards.
I want to try to do a food menu and budget each week, and I just could not get my head around that when my cupboards were in such a mess.
Can't post a boring picture of tins of peas, so here's a picture of the rhododendrons just coming into flower in my garden.

1 comment:

  1. I am exactly like you. I even have a shelf full of empty glass preserving jars, bought cheaply in France two years ago because they would be useful for putting packet stuff in, and they are still waiting for me to fill them. I have spices that date back to the 1990s.

    I would also like to be like the person you wrote that post to - if you find them can you pass on some tips!

    ReplyDelete