Sunday 8 January 2012

Crochet Inspiration

Here is a crochet blanket from the home of Petra Boase in Norfolk. It is featured in the book "flea market style".
What I like about this blanket is the fact that the colour used to join the squares (white) is also used in the squares. This is something I have never done. I'm going to try this in my next blanket. It makes some of the squares look smaller than the others, and I like that effect.
Another thing I like about this blanket is the wide plain border around the coloured squares. I think that highlights the colour well. I might do that in my flowers blanket if I have enough white wool left.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i have just popped over from Bunny Mummy. Loving all your crochet what did you do with the Flowers in the snow? i have just started doing crochet first i managed to make circles ans this past week i have learnt the granny square. I love seeing other peoples projects. Your granny sqaure large looks amazing to. dee x

    ReplyDelete